A GLIMPSE INTO MY ECCENTRIC SHOW

Talking about being eccentric, I love to make coining ideas that different from the popular ones and I also avoid being conventional. One of such was the general thought of getting married and as far back as 2007 when boys were truly young, in the figment of my imagination I have always desired to make my wedding a playful day.   
In verbatim, I had told close friends that I detest going the general route of doing things. I have always desired to drive myself on that day and may be walk to the reception ground. Part of it was also that my wife and I will use different attires for the reception among other issues.

All these became a reality on 29 and 30 December 2014 when the institute called BOSSLIFE manifested into a reality. I particularly enjoyed the traditional wedding on December 29 when I and my brothers stormed my in-law’s compound to join in making all the preparations for the event billed for 1pm. Because I was deeply involved in the organizing, people were kept in suspense as they were yet to see their son in-law to be except for the very immediate family members who have had a glimpse of me.   At 12:35pm, my wife sent her friend to direct me to the room I will change my cloth but I replied her that I will dress up in my car.

Eventually at the nick of time, when I got dressed and by the time I stormed the venue, all eyes were rolling round their sockets wondering to behold that that playful dude was the one that has summoned all and sundry. The key learning I pick from this scenario was that I was able to strategically wade off the youths who would have been taxing me because they were carrying out one or two assignments.

Then before the council of elders, it was more fun as a supposed serious moment became a comedy session with the responses I gave to questions I was asked. After all the razzmatazz of dowry payment, we moved outside to the reception ground and trust me, I danced the traditional orchestral powered by the women group. Well I enjoyed the fun of dancing to the rhythm of the stick instruments of Lampese people called ‘ekpe’ and the melodious lyrics from their natural voices.

Then came the church wedding on 30 December; the fun started from the car plate which was supposed to carry the usual ‘about to wed, just wedded’ or ‘bride and groom’ card respectively. I went ahead to design a simple template with the caption ‘BOSSLIFE’.

Then into the church service, I walked in elegance with my gray colour jacket, black chinos and my lovely D&G casual feet wear. As I marched into the church you needed to see  smiles radiating all over me as I give thumbs up to people with my right hand while my  left hand rested in my pockets but no thanks to me best man who often caution me to be serious. Trust me that my mobile device was handy and I was busy chatting and trying to tweet live pix of our event but the very serious best man snatched the device from me saying “I have ceased it so you can be serious”. LOL.

While the service was on, I was busy with time check to the extent that the clergy guys noticed it. Time is of the essence you know so getting to the grooving ground was the koko for me. Eventually we were presented before the congregation and in a bid to add glamour, I joined my right hand with her left and we formed LOVE as my favourite footballer, Angel Di Maria would always do when he finds the back of the net. Oh awesome!! The congregation screamed with loud applause and whistles.

Here comes the photo session when the whole world wanted to snap with us in admiration of our stunning outlook. Whilst I had featured in about 20 snap shots from different camera devices, I removed my jacket and tie to call it quit with the session. Then my wife hopped into the SUV with Timi the pilot while I walked to join them in her father’s house which is about seven buildings from the church.

People watched us as the tape rolled asking where we were off to. However, we went home to change from the wedding gown to something more fitting casual. Few minutes later we, arrived arrived the reception ground and as we marched in company of the bridal train to the special, people searched in the mix and didn’t recognise us anymore because we have appeared in different apparels. This was another moment of excitement from our audience and they applauded the swag.
After some moments, the MC called for someone to talk about us and surprisingly, I took over the microphone because no one actually knew the about us from the foundation that was laid 15 years ago. Year 2000 was the first time I did set my eyes on Princess after I had a revelation on my perfect dream girl.

Here comes the highpoint of the reception, cutting of the wedding cake. And when people looked around, they didn’t see their usual three steps cake but a simple cake design with letters B and L, which represent BOSSLIFE, meaning “Good life rooted in Christ”.
  




0 comments: