Black Tears of a Nation

I was moved in tears on my desk when I saw pix of human bodies from an attack in the early hours of April 14 at the popular Nyanya motor park, Abuja. I could picture the number of casualties that the explosion had affected because that place is a beehive of activities.

As I drop these lines, my face turned pale, my heart quakes, my kneels buckle, my fingers shaking and my teeth grinds. I even saw myself fainting that I had to rest my head on the desk to sum up courage.




While I my head to rest, I couldn’t but ponder: do we have a people oriented government that feels the pains of the poor masses? How long are we going to be faced with this trend? Do we attach any importance to a human life? Are we not tired of seeing horrible pix of human bodies littering public places? 

Oh what a country of abundant human resources being wasted away like mere chickens. It is crystal clear that among the casualties in all these attacks, none is related to the prominent citizens because they obviously have no business at that terminal.
I am beginning to believe we don’t even have a combatant force. All we have are mere uniform men that greed and quest for wealth has made them lose the strategy to defend the citizens in times of war.

If we are faced with a single group ravaging a region of the country and the trained personnel are unable to curtail them, shall we be safe the day our territorial boundaries will be broken with more sophisticated troops?

Who will come and salvage us from this dastardly act of killings? In times of war we need somebody raw, rally the troops like a war tasty warrior that we can trust to help to carry us through. This is that time.

Search! Search!! Search!!!

It’s hard to know that we do not have a tactical force that can rise up to the challenge and put a stop to this raging war. If this battle must be won, then we need a ‘TACTICAL GOVERNMENT’ that can initiate strategy to curb the excesses of one sect before they grow into multiple sects. A snake seen by one man can easily metamorphose into a python.

We need a government that won’t cover up the sponsors of this group; a government that can boldly rise up and walk through the valley with us; a government that will offend one to save her citizens.

Gradually we now live and expect to hear the next attack and it has suddenly gotten to a stage where some of us no longer consider it news worthy to hear that there was a recent attack. This is owing to the fact it has become a norm. What a sad tale. We have become so used to the hard times and casualties in our streets.

We cry for leaders and army troops that understand our pain, people that hurt like we hurt, groan like we groan.

Oh how painful to see our homeland become hell for us to dwell. We are trapped in horror, scared and bared searching for truth to prevail and see if we can live free in our motherland.

I am tired of seeing bodies deceased on the screens of television stations and online. Reminiscence of tears as I remember the prevailing stories from the 30 months civil war of 1967 to 1970.  

We need help God.



0 comments: